For more than 60 years our client, an international player, has been producing sustainable and energy efficient products in Belgium, based on the latest technological developments. To support further growth, they are looking for 2 (!)
Trade Compliance Officers
- As Trade Compliance Officer you will deal on a daily base with export and import compliance policies and procedures.
- At the start, your main focus will be on screening the orders for Russian customers. Our client has multiple orders that need to be delivered to Russian customers but very strict customer screening is required at this moment due to the sanctions related to the war.
- You make sure exports/imports takes place compliantly, meeting corporate compliance standards as well as legal requirements.
- You conduct regular assessments to identify risks and corrective actions.
- You analyse, monitor, communicate and implement updates in customs legislations and international trade legislations.
- You drive change management within the company on global trade compliance through education of other functions.
- You will determinate and apply for export permits.
- You like to improve things, you continue to develop the Internal Compliance Program, including export/import policies and procedures.
- You are a team player and like to work closely with other trade compliance officers in the company.
- You will report to the Trade Compliance Lead of your business unit.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master Degree or similar in a relevant field (International Business and Trade, Economics, Logistics, Legal, etc.).
- You speak and write English fluently.
- Knowledge of any other language (eg. Russian, Dutch, …) is a plus.
- You have a first work experience within trade compliance, working knowledge and experience applying EU/US or other international customs and export control laws and regulations.
- You are familiar with HS, ECCN and sanction classifications & knowledge/experience of working with Denied Party Screening.
- You have advanced experience with MS Office, specifically MS Excel.
- SAP GTS knowledge and experience is seen as an advantage.
- You have the ability to focus on project work and efficiently bring projects to completion.
- You are structured with attention to details and are having strong analytical skills.
- You are a flexible team player and very eager to learn.
- You live working in an international environment.
- You live within a feasible distance from the HQ of our customer in Wilrijk.
- You will be working in a progressive international organization were sustainability, innovation, technological development…. are not empty words.
- You will be working in an environment where continuous learning is strongly encouraged. By achieving results, it is also possible to eventually build a great career within the organization of our client.
- Our client has several entities, both in Belgium and abroad. This gives working for our client an extra international and dynamic cachet.
- You will be joining a highly motivated and result-oriented team who will be happy to take you along on their cadence.
- “Taking responsibility” are not empty words at our client. You get the chance to really make your mark within your field.
- The balance between work & life is highly valued at our company. A home work policy is applicable if you want.
- Our customer is offering a very attractive remuneration package, based on the principle of the “cafetaria” plan, so that you can choose components of the package based on your personal needs.
You like this challenge?
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com or apply via the link below.