For more than 60 years our client, an international player, has been producing sustainable and energy efficient products in Belgium, based on the latest technological developments. To strengthen their growth strategy through digital sales globally, we are looking for a
Our strategic objective is to achieve optimal availability of components and services such that our clients can be serviced adequately and in time.
Furthermore, we are investing heavily in IoT and digital services to accelerate our digital strategy i.e. connecting our compressor base to the cloud in order to enhance digital customer services and support. Today we have connected over 200,000 compressors to our cloud network which are continuously generating data adding value to our (digital) client services i.e. optimization of service intervals and increase sales leads.
In this role, you explore and optimize new and existing suppliers and products that contribute to an optimal supply chain by considering the 6 pillars of purchasing excellence: total cost, quality, logistics, products & process development, contracting and sustainability.
Tasks and responsibilities
• You develop a solid purchasing strategy in line with the divisional targets and contribute to realizing the digital transformation of our supply chain
• You actively participate in projects for compressors to meet project budgets and timings
• You source potential new suppliers by evaluating their commercial, technical and supply chain capabilities, according to the business code of Atlas Copco
• You lead negotiations with existing suppliers on the renewal of supply agreements and initiate supply agreements with new suppliers
• You work on savings and availability projects by conducting market research and benchmarking the supply base by analyzing value creation opportunities and potential supplier risks
• You work closely with SQA engineers on supplier quality performance and identify potential improvements
• You evaluate logistical performance to safeguard deliveries to customers
What we expect of you?
• You have a Master in Engineering (business or industrial) or relevant experience
• You are fluent in English, a good understanding of other European languages is a plus
• You are passionate about innovation and technology
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Office 365 is required, knowledge of AS400 and SAP is a plus
• You are dynamic and like to be challenged within a commercial environment
• You are result driven and can work towards project deadlines
• You are well-organized and possess strong analytical capabilities
• You are committed, pro-active and would like to work in an international environment
• You are eager to build relationships with counterparties and internal stakeholders
Challenge accepted? Hope to see you soon!
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. We´re everywhere!
Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow. Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning.
Interested in being part of our team? Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Ben je geprikkeld door deze vacature en wil je het team van onze klant vervoegen, stuur dan snel je motivatiebrief en CV naar firstname.lastname@example.org of solliciteer via onderstaande link.