For more than 60 years our client, an international player, has been producing sustainable and energy efficient products in Belgium, based on the latest technological developments. To strengthen their growth strategy through digital sales globally, we are looking for a
Project Manager Engineering
- You will be a member of the oil injected screw product development team in the product development department and join their mission to improve the Oil Injected Screw compressor elements (OIS). The team consists of several project leaders, designers, technology and calculation engineers. You will report to the engineering team leader of this team.
- As a project leader you will be accountable for the realization of the project deliverables and report to the management steering committee for product development projects. You follow up and manage the project budget, timing, product functional requirements and cost.
- You are responsible for the technical part of the project. You safeguard the technical coherence during the design phase, supported by your team members and our in-house developed tools. You nurture cross-departmental feedback and input to improve the cost and value of product design.
- You’ll steer the project team throughout the whole product development process; You guide the product from concept to industrialization: from the specifications of the project, to a conceptual design, prototype testing, production process development, to test batches and finally follow-up after the start of serial production.
- To achieve your goals, you work in a team. The international project team members or PTM typically consists of a technology engineer, a designer, a test engineer, a lab mechanic, representatives from other departments as purchasing, production, logistics and a quality engineer.
- To validate and confirm the product performance and functionality, you setup a test program and evaluate test results in cooperation with the test engineer and the technology engineer
- You work according to the Airtec NPPI (New Product and Process Introduction) process to ensure that the demanded product- and process quality is met.
What we expect of you?
- Master in engineering or equivalent through experience
- 2+ years of experience as a project leader/manager in a technical environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a product development context
- You have a technical background in mechanical engineering.
- You communicate fluently in English.
You like this challenge?
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com or apply via the link below.