Our client is a Swedish company, the Swedish human culture continues to flow through the veins of our 38,000 employees in more than 90 countries. It has a strong family vibe with a warm respect for each individual and we strive for strong diversity. We also invest heavily in our customers, in the environment, … but first and foremost in our own people. In this way, we provide a stimulating environment in which you can develop your competencies on a daily basis. In addition, our family-friendly working atmosphere gives you the flexibility to find an optimal work life balance.
Would you like to get to know us? Hope to see you soon!
Project Expert – Energy Conversion
Oilfree air division has set the aim to develop products that will decarbonize the utility room. Technologies now become available to convert waste heat back into valuable energy. The field of carbon reduction through innovative products and solutions is very active and to support our growth we are looking for a project expert energy conversion in Oilfree Air product company Antwerp.
The project expert will manage projects related to heat to power and expanders for energy recuperation. The product strategy on heat to power consists of ORC machines, energy recovery, heatpumps and adsorption chillers. This function reports to the teamleader emerging energy conversion.
- As project expert of a product development project, you are responsible for the technical part of the project. This means:
- Deciding on the (modular) technical design under close interaction with purchasing, manufacturing and service/logistics
- Setting up a test program in cooperation with the test engineer and evaluating the test results together with the PTM
- You closely follow up and manage the project status, budget and timing and transparently report to management.
- You work according to the Concept-to-Product process in order to ensure that the demanded product- and process quality is met.
We are looking for someone technically versatile and interested in all energy conversion projects – however the project expert’s first mission will be to design an adsorption chiller. This is a machine that converts waste heat (80-90°C) into cold (10-15°C) via subsequent humidification and drying of an adsorbent. Today this project is in feasibility and the aim is to create a 50kW prototype. This is actually a scale model of the real target which has to generate 300kW cooling power. In this function you will be involved in an international network with renowned experts and our product company in Dapodi (India).
Depending on your knowledge and skills, we will offer you a position as Project engineer or as Project expert.
What we expect of you?
- Experience in a technical product development context
- Experience in stage gate and agile project management
- Experience with setting up project team meetings and reporting project progress to the management
- Master in engineering
- You challenge the status quo, think out-of-the box and seek for opportunities for improvement.
- You are collaborative, open-minded and entrepreneurial.
- You are committed to reduce carbon emissions
- You like to solve technical problems
- You are a hands on problem solver
- You express yourself clearly, concisely and effectively. You communicate straight forwardly without fear of raising ‘red flags’.
- You keep focus and take decisions to achieve the intended goals.
Country and city Belgium, Antwerp
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At our customer they believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Their leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With them you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
They offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com or the link below: