For more than 60 years our client, an international player, has been producing sustainable and energy efficient products in Belgium, based on the latest technological developments. To strengthen their growth strategy through digital sales globally, we are looking for a
Lead Embedded Software Engineer
- Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the Vacuum Technique Division as well as related research developments taking place in the NTV department whilst developing an awareness of industry trends.
- Release production ready code with design and test documentation in line with company standards. Maintain an agreed approach to version control and software releases
- Suggest and promote improvements to the software development process, identifying opportunities for software to be developed more rapidly and to a higher quality.
- Develop test harnesses, test scripts and automation for software validation. Provide guidance on writing good requirements, as well as test scripts and maintainable software code
- Provide internal/external customer support for new and existing projects (investigation & diagnosing of software and hardware defects).
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to more junior members of the development team in specific technology areas.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continuous learning and development.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary or software SCRUM-based projects to develop and test design features and functions in software. Provide technical support in specialist areas to other members of the team.
- Use specialist software knowledge to develop innovative software solutions that that solve complex problems and deliver added value to Atlas Copco products.
- Design software solutions that scale and encourage reuse from other members of the team.
What we expect of you?
- Bachelor or Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Experience in developing software for supporting customer-deliverable electronics based products.
- Good understanding of software development processes.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Some experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver software solutions.
- Some experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry
What we offer you?
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%
- Relocation package if applicable
- Flexible working
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose
- Running club
- Fitness app, with stream-able classes
- Free fruit
You like this challenge?
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.