Our client is in the process of taking its data and analytics capabilities and maturity to a next level. Recently, a vision for our modern data platform has been drafted. This vision includes major steps in our practices with regard data ingestion, data storage and processing techniques, data governance and ownership, data security and reporting capabilities.
The platform will allow the Power Technique divisions to leverage Azure and SAP based data, link various data sources, launch analytics and harvest value out of these new insights.
They are looking for an experienced big/IoT Data & Analytics Engineer to support the data scientists on the technical realization of their data analytics needs.
Azure Data Engineer
In this role you will work closely together with key stakeholders in our data analytics programs to execute projects. You build and maintain good relationships with the data scientists and business and IT stakeholders worldwide. You will be part of a dynamic team, consisting of the Data Platform Manager, the Data Platform Architect, and your fellow Data Support engineers.
When required, the team is expanded by various external suppliers. You will report into the PT-IT Data Platform Manager
- You provide specialist support to entities and divisions on the use of the different components of the PT-IT Data Platform
- You participate in the design, configuration and testing of interfaces / API’s and other data connectivity-related integrations.
- You deliver small developments and adjustments to existing data ingestions, analytics or interfacing
- You validate that the technical structures are fit for purpose.
- You prepare raw data for manipulation by Data Scientists.
- You ensure that your work remains backed up and readily accessible to relevant coworkers.
- You formulate suggestions to optimize the Data Platform performance and architecture
- You remain up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs.
- You initiate trainings or briefings for the stakeholders to increase their self-service capabilities in the area of Data Analytics and Reporting
What we expect of you?
Important areas of expertise are:
- Service-driven, customer-centric attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous drive for structural improvements and operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Software Developer, or similar.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Data landscape.
- Expert on Azure Python, SQL, Qlik / PowerBI.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A knack for independent and group work.
- Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
What you can expect from us?
Who are we?
The Data Platform team is responsible for the development, continuous improvement and support of data-driven solutions. They build and operate data pipelines and data sets used for data science & analytics, process automation and business intelligence. They work in close collaboration with other business and IT data teams.
They are part of PT-IT (Power Technique – Information Technology), which delivers services to the Power Technique (PT) business area. The department operates from the Power Technique (PT) headquarters located in Antwerp, Belgium. PT-IT was founded in 2016 and employs about +20 people.
Start a journey towards something greater
Our client believes in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With them you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
They offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com or apply via the link below.