Our client is a Swedish company, the Swedish human culture continues to flow through the veins of our 38,000 employees in more than 90 countries. It has a strong family vibe with a warm respect for each individual and we strive for strong diversity. We also invest heavily in our customers, in the environment, … but first and foremost in our own people. In this way, we provide a stimulating environment in which you can develop your competencies on a daily basis. In addition, our family-friendly working atmosphere gives you the flexibility to find an optimal work life balance.
Would you like to get to know us? Hope to see you soon!
Data is the new gold
Data is used to be better informed when making decisions, to improve insights in processes and products, to enhance collaboration,… And all that data needs to be readily available at the fingertips of our engineers. Digitalization is part of the Atlas Copco philosophy and will be mostly important for our innovation the next coming years. The correct data will help us improve products, processes, systems and quality, and create customer value.
To help support the shift to digitalization, we are looking for a Data Engineer in R&D who will be able to collect, connect, analyze and organize data in a central data platform, ready to use in different departments for insights and reporting. An important part of this data will come from our connectivity platform Fleetlink and related sources.
You will be part of the Digitalization team in the R&D department, and you will work closely together with IT and all other departments and divisions in the Power Technique business area.
You define data projects according the needs in Portable Air, with focus on R&D and Marketing, and you contribute to a data vision and roadmap for the division.
You are supported by data experts and data scientists in the different departments who will assist you in defining the exact needs and in translating the available data in ready-to-use tools for product development and continuous improvement.
In this role you will be based in our headquarters in Antwerp (Belgium) and interact with other teams globally.
Your mission will be to collect, connect, analyze and organize data from various sources incl. connectivity data, and make this data available in a sustainable way to the organisation through the PT data platform.
What you can expect from us?
– We welcome you to a motivated and dynamic team where team spirit is central.
– A challenging function within a fast-paced environment.
– We offer a challenging position in which innovation increases the engineering efficiency.
– Being part of a multidisciplinary team with an international scope.
What we expect of you?
Excellent analytical skills to identify and analyze raw process and machine data, strong problem solving skills
– Data mining, large-scale data analysis
– Mathematics, statistics and programming experience.
– Analyze data to identify data quality issues, set up data mappings.
– Basic knowledge of data science, AI, machine learning.
– Support the whole business in delivering decision support systems to their customers and own use
– Customer oriented and capable to work in multidiscipline team in order to provide the highest level of customer service
– Able to collaborate on a detailed level with internal and external partners .
Experience with azure data platform, python, synaps, TSI, … is an asset.
You have an Academic degree within Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant area.
– You are a team player and contribute to targets and goals with commitments as well as stand firm in the implementation.
– You are confident in communication around technology and your expertise to your co-workers.
– You are process minded: search for setting up sustainable tools, data flows and processes.- You have excellent analytical skills, you can evaluate data and information. You have investigative mind as well as a sound judgment.
– You structure and prioritize your tasks accordingly.
– You are capable to work in a multidiscipline team to provide the highest level of customer service.
– You can integrate smoothly into the team and stimulate knowledge sharing between your colleagues.
– You can collaborate on a detailed level with internal and external partners.
– You are creative, broad-minded.
– You have a positive attitude.
– You are flexible in the handling of the projects and time spend
Passionate people create exceptional things
At our client they believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Their leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
They believe that people make it happen and with them you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
They offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join them at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
If you are triggered by this vacancy and would like to join our client’s team, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.